Holistic sport development framework
Holistic sport development framework takes a look at all dynamics involved into a sport organisation. It overviews the dynamics into a stakeholder groups divided into a separated frameworks:
- Organisation development framework: aiming the administration, leadership and management development.
- Athletes development framework: aiming the athletes as primary stakeholders and their environment (parents, family and friends)
- Coaches development framework: aiming everyone who works with the athletes directly, especially coaches who influence the athletes development the most.
- External stakeholders development framework: aiming all external to the organisation stakeholders who are actively involved in the state of the organisation (fans, suppliers, partners)
Each of those framework can work and co-exists synchronously with the others, allowing all stakeholders to flourish and succeed individually as well as a single (organisational) unit.
Our research is based on full analysis of over 2500 sport organisations in the EU, UK and US looking through the lens of the holistic frameworks.
Why a holistic framework is needed?
Research shows that most of the problems related to the organisation development are linked to the missing or problematic processes and unclear roles and responsibilities.
- The holistic development framework:
- aligns all stakeholders
- defines clear processes
- defines parameters and KPIs to monitor the current status
- helps identify the gaps in the organisation
- helps identify the support needed to all employees and responsible individuals
Those parameters and KPIs are key to understand the overall organisation design required to become a successful organisation and allows a smoother navigation in "open waters".